Monday, November 19, 2007

Writing Extension

1.
Dear Mom and Dad,
It has been a long time since I have been home, and I have seen many things since I have Left. My class has been combined into one big company and we fight together as brothers. We are a strong family and it keeps us together most of the time. I just decided to write home quickly to calm your nerves... I am doing fine and there is no need to worry about me. Take care of yourselves, and I Will Return home soon.
-Love,
Paul Baumer

2.


If you feel so empty,


So used so let down,


If you feel so angry,


So ripped off so stepped on.


You're not the only one.


Refusing to back down.


You're not the only one,


So get up.


Let's start a riot.





I used this lyric from Riot by Three Days Grace because i think that Paul wasn't their for his own reasons, he was forced. He was abused by the military, and it wasnt his wishes. He takes the weight of decisions and lies of others and places them on his shoulders, but he isnt alone.





3.
I Am Using This Peice Of Art to represent the Novel. I Beleive That in The book alot of lies were told to the people, forcing them to join the war and making it as if it was glorious. In actuality, there is alot of pain, suffering, and traumatic experiences that war gives you. Due to these Lies the lives of many young men were destroyed because they decided to be swayed by the words of the heretics. War is corrupt and evil, and it only caters the Rich

No comments: